Mixed Thoughts on Wall Street, Forex Pairs at Crossroads

Go down

Mixed Thoughts on Wall Street, Forex Pairs at Crossroads

Post  harpal1980 on Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:07 am

After dropping at the start of the session, the major U.S stock indices managed to find support and climb back into positive territory. Investors experienced a volatile session yesterday as sentiment quickly flip-sided due to Buffets new transportation deal and upbeat results from Ford and GM. The major indices closed the session with an average gain of 0.3%

In one of his largest acquisitions ever, the market guru, Warren Buffet purchased the railway company Burlington Northern Santa Fe for $100 per share. Even though Buffet already had 22.6% of the company’s shares, he decided to go forward and purchase the remaining 77.4% for a whopping $44 billion.

The auto industry also showed positive signs yesterday as Ford sales increased by 2.6% thanks to its new fuel efficient cars. General Motors sales increased by 4.7%. Even though the auto industry helped to boost yesterday’s session, one must note that the recent figures were influenced by the cash for clunkers program.

From a technical point of view, the transportation index, known as a market leader, showed an enormous turnaround and climbed higher throughout the session. When taking a glance at the chart below one can see the enormous bullish candle accompanied by high volume. Even though yesterday’s session is classed as a positive sign for a broader market continuation, resistance lies at key levels, which could prevent the market from immediately climbing higher.

Read the full article at Dodjit.com


Posts : 106
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 38
Location : India

View user profile http://www.dodjit.com

Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum