Rpchost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H4 Bollinger Band Breakouts

2 posters

Go down

H4 Bollinger Band Breakouts Empty H4 Bollinger Band Breakouts

Post  Admin Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:51 pm

Open the 4 hour chart and choose whatever currency you want.

Insert the Bollinger Band (20) indicator and be sure that its center line is appearing.

Identify 2 valid lower points OR 2 valid higher points in the Bollinger Band and drop a line from the first to the second line; it will be our break line.

Now when a candle closes above the break line issued from the higher points and in case the center line of the Bollinger band in the 1 hour chart crosses the break line then we have a LONG Trade.

If the candle in the 4 hours chart closes under the break line issued from the 2 lows points and in same time the center line of the Bollinger band crosses the break line in the 1 hour chart, then we are in a SHORT trade.

I will give an example:

Open the 4 hours chart, open NZD/USD currency and locate the date 2008/1/16 2:00 AM EST

H4 Bollinger Band Breakouts BB4

You can see the breakLine I dropped; it is a 2 lows points Bollinger Band which I mention it above

Now wait till a 4 hours candle break the BreakLine, you can see the candle (A) first breaked the Breakline, but is it a valid Sell Entry ? we must confirm it. So we open the 1 hour chart and locate the same Point (A) in the 1 hour chart.

H4 Bollinger Band Breakouts BB1

We look at Point (A) in H1 and we locate its center Line (The Center Line of The Bollinger Band), as you remark that the center line didn't cross the Break Line as the candle A did; so it is not a valid sell entry, and as you can see the price go up again. So we wait another opportunity.

We reopen the H4 (4 hours chart) and wait till point (B) is formed, we see the H4 candle crossed the BreakLine, is it a valid sell entry ? we open the H1 chart and locate the Candle (B) , we look at the center line we see the center line crossed the breakLine so we do a short because we confirm the sell entry.

Joe Chalhoub

Last edited by on Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

https://rpchost.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

H4 Bollinger Band Breakouts Empty Can You Post A Chart

Post  thunderwolf Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:40 pm

Admin wrote:Open the 4 hour chart and choose whatever currency you want.

Insert the Bollinger Band (20) indicator and be sure that its center line is appearing.

Identify 2 valid lower points OR 2 valid higher points in the Bollinger Band and drop a line from the first to the second line; it will be our break line.

Now when a candle closes above the break line issued from the higher points and in case the center line of the Bollinger band in the 1 hour chart crosses the break line then we have a LONG Trade.

If the candle in the 4 hours chart closes under the break line issued from the 2 lows points and in same time the center line of the Bollinger band crosses the break line in the 1 hour chart, then we are in a SHORT trade.

Joe Chalhoub
Hi Joe, can you post a chart of this strategy? I don't understand your explanation. Thanks

thunderwolf

Back to top Go down

H4 Bollinger Band Breakouts Empty Thanks Joe

Post  thunderwolf Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:49 am

Hi Joe,

Your chart really clarifies your explanation.On your 1Hr chart example that you posted, it looks like the entry would have been 2 or 3 candles to the right of the 2nd red vertical line because the center line had not crossed the break line yet where the red vertical line is. Is that correct?
It looks like this might work for a shorter period intraday trade like using a 1hr. and 15m chart. I'll have to check this out. Posting charts of your strategies really helps a lot. You know the saying, " A picture is worth a thousand words ". Thanks again Joe, I enjoy your web site....T-Wolf

thunderwolf

Back to top Go down

H4 Bollinger Band Breakouts Empty Re: H4 Bollinger Band Breakouts

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down